Thursday, April 7, 2011

DIY Apothecary Jars

I have been seeing these all over blogland, and I was certainly inspired to try and make one or two myself.  I was lucky to find the supplies at our local dollar store and Michaels.

Here is a link to some more inspiration http://sheskindacrafty.blogspot.com/2011/03/crafty-ladies-night-out.html

Here is my finished product


I started out with these supplies:
The jars are from the dollar store.  They were a real bargain at only $2 each.  I got two different sizes.  The rest I found at Michaels, I purchased 2 wooden candlestick holders, 2 round wood plaques and 2 wood eggs with flat bottoms.  I wanted finials, but could not find any there, and I did not feel like shopping around too much so I found the eggs instead of searching for wood finials.

Since the majority of the accessoris in my house are black, I painted everything with two coats of black paint.







Once everything had dried , I got out my glue gun and started gluing. I started by gluing a "finial" wood egg to each lid and set it aside.  Then I glued a candlestick to the centre of each round wood plaque.  The next step is to glue a jar to each candlestick.  Be sure to apply plenty of glue to the candlestick to ensure you have a  secure hold.  Put the lids on the jars and you should have something that looks like this below....




I tied on a strip of cut material that matched my curtain ties and chair cushions to finish them off.

Now you can fill them with anything you desire.  I chose to layer some beans and barley in mine.

Here is the finished product. I love how they turned out, and they were so quick and easy to put together



I will be linking this to the weekly parties as seen in my linky party page.

No comments:

Post a Comment